Saturday, March 15, 2008

Holy Feet


I got new shoes this week. Behold, the gleaming glory of the New Balance 908 trail running shoe.



I have terrible, awful feet. I get crazy calluses like you wouldn't believe and I have zero arches. Genetics + many summers spent walking barefoot on a pool deck were not kind to my feet. And yet, I have a hell of a time paying more than $30 for a pair of shoes. I hate doing it. So when I do ante up, it's a big deal. But I couldn't wear my 4 year-old running shoes any longer - they were so worn out and uncomfortable. Plus, I will be walking the Portland marathon this fall & need some good fresh training shoes.

I love New Balance shoes - better than Nike, adidas, and all the rest. But still, I almost settled for a pair of $32 Avia shoes from GI Joes.

I'm so glad I didn't. I wore them for the first time to the gym tonight, and OH my gosh what a difference. They make me float - they are so luxurious and comfortable and stable. I feel like I could walk 6 marathons in them. (okay, not really). Anyway, I highly highly recommend them even if you do not plan on doing any trail running (I do very very little). They are good for walking, running, general gym stuff.

I have a crush on my shoes. I will name them...Diana. Beautiful, rugged, purposeful.

No comments: