Sunday, May 18, 2008

What I've Been Doing

Oy. It's been so long since my last post. It's paddling season! That means practicing thrice-weekly with my team, the Wicked Wahinis. We had our first race of the season on Saturday up in Tacoma in Puget Sound. It was chaotic and hot and crazy, but so so much fun. We won the Women's "B" division (which is generally the recreational teams).


That's me, waiting to line up for our last race. Although I do not love the Thursday 6 am practice, I do LOVE paddling. It is so wonderful to be out there on the water, observing the city from a new vantage point. Even when it's hailing, sleeting, our just pouring down rain, there's something really connective about paddling your way through the conditions (although I am quite happy to have a car with heated seats after practice). Now that the weather is getting nicer, it's a treat to enjoy the beautiful scenery and sunshine.

Onto Rose Festival, Kent, Salem, Victoria, Waterfront and San Francisco races between now and October. Go Wicked!

No comments: