Saturday, December 29, 2007

And the Gay Shall Inherit the Earth

Ok, What The Hell?

Here is my favorite part:

Epple said she opposes domestic partnerships for gays and lesbians because of her Christian values.

"I think we're opening up a can of worms that we're not sure about," she said.


WHAT CHRISTIAN VALUES? Do you even understand what you are saying? This is definitely one of those times when I am not super proud of being aligned with Christianity.

Let's play a little game. I'm going to list off some Christian values, and you tell me which of them is being violated here.
Love
Commitment
Respect
Monogamy (although the Bible certainly has plenty of inconsistencies on this one)
Faithfulness

Hmmm, no, I'd have to go for No on all of those. Maybe instead, it's just your personal comfort zone that is being violated and you are masquerading that as so-called "Christian Values." Maybe you should take 5 seconds and try to figure out how your life, your values would change ONE IOTA if domestic partnerships were allowed. (Try looking at other states where this has happened: it doesn't make a damn bit of difference to already-married, heterosexual couples. I promise!)

Sometimes I can only imagine that people like this have never actually engaged with someone who is gay (and out) and in a loving relationship with a partner. It's the only plausible excuse I can come up with for this stuff.

Until this BS gets overturned and people can finally get the rights they deserve, I can only offer my deepest apologies to committed gay & lesbian partners out there. It's really a travesty.

No comments: